Loading Youtube Channel / shawneydepp
Click to Watch in HD > 48 Hours in Singapore | Shot on the iPhone 7 Plus (4K)
Watch This week, I wanted to challenge myself and do something new, so I went about to shooting a video entirely on an iPhone.
We travelled to the iconic spots of Singapore, and some of my favourite places to hang:
- Marina Bay Sands
- Art Science Museum
- Gardens by the Bay
- Universal Studios Singapore
- The Luge
- Little India
- Sultan Mosque, Arab St
Is it meh or wow? Let me know in the comments!
Some geeky thoughts about using the iPhone 7 plus for video:
- 4k camera quality is crisp and clear, but only on a good sunny day. In low light, the footage becomes a mush.
- The wide angle lens is still better than the telephoto lens, especially when its not sunny. Nevertheless, quality is still much better than digital zoom.
- The wide angle lens is still not wide enough for me.
- The image stabilization is great
- Bokeh or blurred background effect is really hard to achieve, and can only appear in the slightest bit if you go real close to your subject.
- Colours are nice right from the camera, but not flat enough for me to grade much.
- Leave the front camera for Snapchat and casual selfies.
- If you want to shoot anything serious with the iphone, download the Pro Cam 4 app to have manual control of everything. I regretted not downloading the app before shooting this.
So thats pretty much about it.
Do subscribe to join me on this journey of music and travel :)
FOLLOW ME ON
instagram - https://instagram.com/shawnekoh/
snapchat - shawnekoh
facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Shawneydepp
twitter - https://twitter.com/shawnekoh
For any music or video making related opportunites, contact me at [email protected]