Loading Youtube Channel / North Texas Vegetable Gardening and Cooking
Click to Watch in HD > Salsa Recipe - Easy Step by Step
Watch Heres an easy way to make fast homemade salsa with a Mason Jar and an ordinary blender.
Fast fresh, easy and delicious describe this blender salsa best. You can literally make a quart of fresh homemade salsa in just a few minutes.
Hillbilly Jilly Easy Homemade Salsa with Homegrown Tomatoes in a Blender
● 2lbs Fresh tomatoes diced into large chunks (about six
● 1 tomatillo
● ½ medium onion – your choice of variety
● 2 cloves garlic
● ½ to 1 whole - chopped fresh jalapeno pepper (seeds can be
included but add heat)
● 1/4 cup fresh roasted green Hatch chilis – raw or canned is
● The juice of 1 lime
● 1 teaspoon – Kosher, pickling, sea salt or Himalayan is best
● 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
● One 1-quart small mouth mason jar with fresh lid
● Standard kitchen blender
1. Coarsely chop tomatoes, tomatillos, onion, garlic, jalapeno
pepper and Hatch chilis
2. Add salsa vegetables, salt and cumin to jar
3. Pack salsa mixture tight in jar with 1-inch head space (1
inch from top of jar)
4. Add fresh squeezed lime juice
5. Carefully unscrew the bottom cap and blade from your
6. Now carefully screw the bottom cap and blade onto your
7. Ensure the lid is about a quarter turn past hand tight
8. Turn jar upside down, give it a shake and make sure no
9. Place jar on your blender as you would normally
10. Make sure bottom cap is firmly seated in blender
11. Pulse blender until desired consistency is reached – give
jar a shake every couple of pulses
Note: Although we have used the mason jar hack on our blender every day for years without incident, we recommend you be very careful if trying this.
This video simply is to show you how we make our homemade salsa using a mason jar and blender. We don’t recommend you use a blender or any other appliance in a way other than it was designed for.
Thanks for watching, and protect our bees!
Join us as we learn together and share our garden dos and donts.
● Growing Heirloom variety veggies
● How to and DIY vegetable garden projects and ideas
● Fruit and vegetable canning
● Cooking and recipes
Thanks for watching and if you like subscribe for our latest updates!
View our most recent updates and how to videos:
You may also like our videos:
How to Freeze Bell Peppers Without Blanching
Canning Crackers for Long Term Storage: Keeps Crackers
How to Make Homemade Butter in Minutes